Sunday, October 16, 2011

Spook-a-licious: Where Boo-ks Devour You: Blog Hop Tour (Oct. 17-24)

Welcome to The ParaNormal Romance Party and the Spook-a-licious: 
Where Boo-ks Devour You: Blog Hop Tour
(Oct. 17-24)

 THE RULES:

1) HAVE FUN!!!

2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!

3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 17, at Midnight (Arizona Time)
    THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 24, at Midnight (Arizona Time)
    Winners will be drawn and posted October 25th! ***

4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE AUTHORS & BOOK PAGES! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY BLOG CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!!

5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL BLOGS IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. REMEMBER, THE MORE BLOGS YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES. EVERY AUTHOR & BOOK PAGE IS WAITING TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH YOU, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!

6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE FUN? WHOO! HOO!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
***Authors & Book Pages have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 48 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this blog hop tour is subject to these rules***

*****

So its almost Halloween!! I think this is my second favorite holiday, the first begin Christmas of course!! ;)

So here at The ParaNormal Romance Party we love to share great finds for PNR novels and authors!! What have we got to share for this blog hop.... NOVELS MADE INTO MOVIES!!!! 

More like some of my favorite movies to watch during Halloween that were written by  soe Awesome Auhors!! 
 First published in 1977, The Shining quickly became a benchmark in the literary career of Stephen King. This tale of a troubled man hired to care for a remote mountain resort over the winter, his loyal wife, and their uniquely gifted son slowly but steadily unfolds as secrets from the Overlook Hotel's past are revealed, and the hotel itself attempts to laim the very souls of the Torrence family. Adapted into a cinematic masterpiece of horror by legendaryStanley Kubrick -- featuring an unforgettable performance by a demonic Jack Nicholson --The Shining stands as a cultural icon of modern horror, a searing study of a family torn apart, and a nightmarish glimpse into the dark recesses of human weakness and dementia.



Blatty fictionalized the true story of a child's demonic possession in the 1940s. The deceptively simple story focuses on Regan, the 11-year-old daughter of a movie actress residing in Washington, D.C.; the child apparently is possessed by an ancient demon. It's up to a small group of overwhelmed yet determined humans to somehow rescue Regan from this unspeakable fate. Purposefully raw and profane, this novel still has the extraordinary ability to literally shock us into forgetting that it is "just a story." The Exorcist remains a truly unforgettable reading experience. Blatty published a sequel, Legion, in 1983. --Stanley Wiater


 When published in 1967, Rosemary's Baby was one of the first contemporary horror novels to become a national bestseller. Ira Levin's second novel (he went on to write such fine thrillers as A Kiss Before Dying, The Stepford Wives, and The Boys from Brazil), Rosemary's Baby, remains perhaps his best work. The author's mainstream "this is how it really happened" style undeniably also made the novel his most widely imitated. The plot line is deceptively simple: What if you were a happily married young woman, living in New York, and one day you awoke to find yourself pregnant? And what if your loving husband had--apparently--sold your soul to Satan? And now you were beginning to believe that your unborn child was, in reality, the son of Satan? Levin subtly makes it all totally plausible, unless of course, dear Rosemary--or the reader--can no longer distinguish fantasy from reality! A wonderfully chilling novel, it was later faithfully transformed into an equally unnerving motion picture.




The tie-in to the upcoming blockbuster prequel to John Carpenter's THE THING - the never before told story of the original doomed Norwegian expedition. When a group of scientific researchers, isolated in Antarctica, stumble across an alien spaceship buried in the ice it seems like an incredible opportunity. The alien pilot can just be seen - a shadowy figure frozen just a short depth into the ice. It looks as though he survived the crash only to be flash-frozen on the Antarctic plateau. The team fight the frozen conditions to free the ship from the ice - with disastrous consequences - and rescue the alien. As they transport the corpse, one of their greatest finds, out on the ice back to their camp, several scientists begin to experience extraordinary, vivid and unsettling dreams. They're dismissed as the product of stress and the harsh conditions ...but the nightmare is only beginning.

 Ok those are just some of the movies that are some of my fave. Although I will admit that The Exorcist scared me .... so I have only watched it once!! LOL
The others I try to watch each Halloween! Ok sooo now to what everyone really want!! ;) 

HALLOWEEN GOODIES!!
 Here is what is up for grabs...some PNR prizes!!!

1.  Destiny Divided By Leia Shaw
 "Pure power flooded her body flowing freely through her veins. She had just found an emotion stronger than anger and fear combined. Lust. And there was no containing her now."

After fleeing her native city — and nightmares of a traumatic childhood — Sage Peterson meets the overbearing, pretentious, yet haunted Professor Elias. He’s the only one who knows about her mysterious powers, which seem to be spiraling out of control. When he convinces her to train with him, she finds herself thrust into a five hundred year war and on the run from vampires, werewolves, and even worse — her budding feelings for James Elias.

James had been living a dull and empty existence for the past century and a half. When a fiery half-sorceress, half-witch with a stubborn streak and sharp wit enters his life, he sees her only as a potential weapon to use against his greatest enemy. But when he discovers the vulnerable woman beneath the angry mask, instinct screams to keep her safe. To protect and provide. And to claim her as his.

But will it be too late? As passion and lust ignite between them, vengeance is slipping away. And when Sage is confronted with fulfilling an unexpected destiny, will she choose to trust James with her heart?
The ParaNormal Romance Party's review for Destiny Divided found **HERE**


2.  Samson's Lovely Mortal by Tina Folsom
 Vampire bachelor Samson can't get it up anymore. Not even his shrink can help him. That changes when the lovely mortal auditor Delilah tumbles into his arms after a seemingly random attack. Suddenly there's nothing wrong with his hydraulics - that is, as long as Delilah is the woman in his arms.

His scruples about taking Delilah to bed vanish when his shrink suggests it's the only way to cure his problem. Thinking all he needs is one night with her, Samson indulges in a night of pleasure and passion.

However, another attack on Delilah and a dead body later, and Samson has his hands full: not only with trying to hide the fact he's a vampire, but also with finding out what secrets Delilah harbors for somebody to want her harm.
 3. Birthright by Willow Cross

 Throughout the ages, druids have passed down a prophecy from one generation to the next. A girl, born of a witch clan, will become vampyre and spark a war that will divide the vampire nation. This young woman will either save humanity from vampire reign, or be the end of it. Although she’s never heard the prophecy, and doesn’t believe in witchcraft, Liz Markum is that woman.

Working with her maker, Michael, and the remaining members of the warring Vampire Council, Liz must defeat the darkness inside her, and learn to become more than a killer vampire. She must become a vampire killer. 
The ParaNormal Romance Party's Review for Birthright found **HERE**


TO ENTER:
  • Please fill out the necessary items and those you wish to enter to win extra entries!! 
  • Please write the name of your Twitter/FB/Goodreads etc. in the "extra info" part. I do check ;)
  • This is open to everyone!!! (Both Int. and US)
  • You will have 48 hrs to respond to the email I send the winner, else another will be chosen!!  
  • There will be 3 separate winners!
KEEP ON BLOG HOPPING....











29 comments:

  1. My favourite movie would be from a Stephen King. I love Pet Sematary :)
    Even the music is great muahahahaha

    Thank you for the awesome chance!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything stephen king they all great i really like IT
    good luck to all!!

    terri_dion@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary movie based on a book? Hmmm, when I was little I watched The Hand, can't think if it's from a book tho; and that gave me the willy's for wks.
    Terri_dion mentioned IT; holy schmokes that was a scary one! Agreed!
    Thank you....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any of the Stephen King movies from his books.. or go back to being a kid and say Goosebumps.. i always got so excited.. or all the TV shows coming out from books like Vampire Diaries and True Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did every thing and like
    spooky gifts have great Halloween
    desitheblonde@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. GFC Follower name: Nay Nay. Already a friend on FB. My favorite scary movie based on a novel is Cujo by Stephen King. I also think Jaws was one of the scariest movies. I saw it when it first came out and to this day, I will not go out in the ocean unless I am on a cruise ship. LOL
    Thanks for being part of the hop.

    <^)_(^>

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite movie based on a book would have to be Misery by Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, this is so cool. I grew up on horror flicks (I was a strange child). The Exorcist still gives me nightmares, but I love it. Anything by Stephen King was a must especially IT. I am so with Kayla, Misery was a favorite. I still can't see Kathy Bates now without imagining her with a sledgehammer in her hands LOL! And like Ramblings of a Part time Druid said, Goosebumps was cool too. Anyone remember Slappy? *shivers* LOL! Great tour hon, thank you for sharing.

    drharleyquinn87 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My all time favorite movie to watch during halloween is the Shinning because when I was a kid, my brothers and I got a kick out of it and we would pop into a room and yell "Here's Johnny!" We were a crazy bunch of kids even though it was pretty scary we tried to make laughter out of the movie to keep from getting scared.

    You have some great prizes. I would love to have #1.

    Happy Halloween!
    I follow you everywhere - LOL

    mrsqueentutt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like most it would be Steven King. I think IT was the scary one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some reason it would n't take my Twitter link. Here it is
    http://twitter.com/kydirtgirl68/status/126165277426712576

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through to say 'Hi' and thank you for your visit to mine. Not entering your giveaway, but know you chose all the books I'm too terrified to read as exapmles on your blog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just poppin' through to say 'hello' and wish you a very Happy Halloween. My favorite book-to-scary-movie is probably "Cujo" although I hated the 'alternate' ending of the movie, the book was really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my I don't know... there is a lot of scary movie that totally freaks me out but I don't know if they were books... A Lot of stephen king were pretty scary.... Well I think I got with the exorcist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. IDK if I would call it my "favorite" but it's the one that scared the beejesus out of me as a child and made me scared of clowns to this day.. Stephen King's IT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post:)
    Im going to have to say Rose Red.
    It's not really scary but its really good. and its one of my favs. Stephen King sure knows how to make a book scary and they turn into great movies!
    elliott2668 (at) yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for participating in the blog hop.
    I am not a fan of scary movies so mine is probably a light weight to others, but M. Night Shamalan's (sp?) 'The Village' scared me.

    Thank you for the giveaway opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Scary movie based on a novel...has to be The Exorcist! Both the book and the movie gave me the willies! But I think the book was MUCH scarier than the movie...

    barbbattaglia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite is The Shining, you already mentioned it, but I remember one Halloween, I was alone for some reason and I started watching it, had to stop because I got scared at every little noise I heard ;)

    Having some fun with the Blog Hop!

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. not entering just stopping by to say hi and check in with fellow blog hoppers! great post and some lucky winners will get a few great goodies! awesome post. i liked your fb page and am now following you blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd have to say the best Horror book to movie adaption for me is The Shinning by the incredible horror Arthur Stephen King. Jack Nicholson did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't watch much in the way of scary movies, but I would have to say Silence of the Lambs. Thanks for the giveaway! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Post!!!

    Just stopping by to say HI to all my fellow Hoppers!!
    Thank you for the wonderful books.. They are all new to me. Adding to my list to read.

    Kelly
    Books-n-Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Nightmare on Elm Street and Candyman for Halloween...

    Shadowestr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sleepy Hollow - although I can't watch certain parts. LOL HAPPY BLOG HOP!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always found Pet Cemetery to be a creepy movie.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite is "Carrie" (the older version with Sissy Spacek).

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stephen King's The Shining is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. I didn't sleep very well the night I saw it.

    knitrix29 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...