Friday, September 2, 2011

~Review~ Destiny Divided by Leia Shaw


1st Line in the book---> “Sage emptied the contents of her backpack onto a desk in the basement of the school.”

REVIEW:
This book really surprised me!! In an AWESOME way!! I just got it because it had been on my wish list for the longest time and saw it on promotion!! But... WOW!! Have you ever started reading a new book and you just can't put it down!?! Even when I HAD to put it down, it was still on my mind!!

Sage Peterson knows only one thing. Survival. After being in foster care system, she knows that the only person she can depend on is herself. She is different, people feared her as a child. So when she is faced with going to jail, she is given two choices. Either end up in jail, or take the offer Professor Elias provides her with. Sage being a survivor, decides to take the lesser of two evils. Although all she really wants to do is disappear.

James Elias is a Professor at the college where Sage is working at. He has just dismissed his students when a commotion catches his attention. What he finds is a familiar looking women who is being apprehended by the security guards while the Dean is calling the Police. Raw, powerful magic hits him as he tries to get closer. Instantly he recognizes that she is like him. A sorceress, but untrained. He has rarely felt such powerful magic, so he offers her help. He will provide for her, if she agrees to let him train her.

As the story progresses, secrets are revealed. Someone is hunting Sage and she must face something she has been running from.... her destiny.

I have to say that this book is amazing!! At first I found Sage's attitude to be a little annoying but as you keep reading, your learn more about her character. I began to feel and develop emotional reactions to what happened to the H/H, which creates (for me) a great reading experience. The plot is great. I went in thinking it was going to be a magic only themed book. Boy was I wrong!! There are soo many things that are revealed that I never expected. When I finished, I just had to pick up the next book. I fell so in love with the characters, that I can't wait for the other characters to get their own book and see them find their match!!

Sage is outspoken, brash, but has a vulnerable side she protects. James is cocky, deadly, but caring when it comes to Sage. Together you get a lot of sarcastic humor and they are always butting heads. You can't help but want them to end up together!!! I do have to say that James is hot!! Some of the scenes leave you fanning yourself ;) . 
Destiny Divided is Book 1 in the Shadows of Destiny series. I Highly recommend this!! You won't be disappointed! :D

NOTE: This book is an Adult Paranormal Romance.

 PROMOTION: YOU CAN GET BOOKS 1&2 FOR ONLY $.99 ( each)!! B&N.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...