Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quickie Review: Sempre (Forever) by JM Darkhower




Sempre (Forever)
by: J.M. Darkhower
Rating

I had heard about this story from a few friends, so I decided to check it out. I mean who doesn't like forbidden love, mafia crime, coming of age story... Well when I first saw the length I became a little intimidated but I continued on. I will say it was a good read but there was so much going on, at times I felt I was reading a three books in one.

LOVED:
  • The Hero- Carmine was a great character. The author did a great job of connecting with the reader. I loved how he grew as a character as he had to deal not only with his fears but with life decisions. 
  • Concept- I loved the concept had of creating a modern day version of Romeo & Juliet/The Godfather. It was very interesting and I liked how it was written.
Not So Much:
  • I guess I would call it story structure. I kinda felt overwhelmed with all the information the author was giving me. I would get really into Carmine/Haven's story then we would switch to another. By the end I had to rally myself to finish because the plot progressed to slow for me. The ending was more of Happily-For-Now.
Overall, I did enjoy it. It was entertaining and I have a feeling their will be sequel to Sempre. :)




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...